Thursday, March 25, 2010

Do I belong?

I never considered my family to be 'large'. With 4 kids ranging in age from 8 to 22, I suppose I qualify even if my oldest is out on his own and the next one is in college. We've had two international foster babies and another on the way, and we are looking in to becomming domestic foster parents for medically fragile babies. We are testing the idea of another adoption - so perhaps this is where I belong!

Anecdotally, my husband and I feel that the reason teenagers are so horribly obnoxious is that this is God's way of preparing you for them to leave home - with smiles on your face and sighs of relief rather than tears and pleas to stay. May I say that my 19 year old son, as well as his older brother, have proven and are proving this point?

Peace - remember Haiti - over and out

Bekki

No comments:

Post a Comment